Health Requirements for Registration and School Health Policies (Immunizations/Immuzinaciones) 



Immunization Requirements for School Entry  


For information on immunization requirement for Preschool, go to the following link:

TK/K - 8th

All students entering our school district need to be up to date on their vaccinations according to California Law. Depending on the age of your student, go to  for detailed information. 

For information on immunization requirement for Preschool, go to the following link:

7th grade

All students entering 7th grade need an additional vaccine, called Tdap, which is a booster for Tetanus, Diphteria, and Pertussis. More information can be found at
Under a new law known as SB 277, beginning January 1, 2016, exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into child care or school in California.  Most families will not be affected by the new law because their children have received all required vaccinations. Personal beliefs exemptions on file for a child already attending child care or school will remain valid until the child reaches the next immunization checkpoint at kindergarten (including transitional kindergarten) or 7th grade. 
For more information about SB 277, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available at

 Oral Health Exam Requirement

 TK and K  

California law requires that every student enrolling for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten have a dental checkup by May 31 of his or her first school year. Dental evaluations that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. 
Guidelines for dropping off Medications

If your student needs to take medication during the school day, our trained staff will be able to help. You can pick up forms from our school nurse, Ms. Fataneh. 

Confirm that the appropriate medication forms have been completed correctly:

  • The doctor’s order needs to match the bottle description, dosage, and name.
  • The form must have a doctor’s signature and date.
  • The form must have a parent’s signature and date.


  • Needs to be in a labeled pharmacy bottle and labeled with the student’s name, medication and dosage matching the information on the permission form (see above).
  • If it is a controlled substance, such as Ritalin, the pills have to be counted by the staff person who is accepting the bottle, with the parent present.
  • After the pills are counted, the staff person accepting the pills needs to note on the medication log the number of pills, initial next to it and the parent initials it.
  • DO NOT drop off medications without making sure they are properly signed in by a staff person and noted on your child’s medication log sheet(s). 
  • Even over-the-counter/non-prescription medication MUST be accompanied by a doctor’s order and signature and parent signature. 

    When is my child too sick to go to school?

If a student experiences the following symptoms at school, school personnel will contact the parent/guardian in order to arrange for someone to pick him/her up from school: 

  • Temperature of 100 degrees or above 
  • Diarrhea 
  • Nausea accompanied by vomiting                                                      
  • Pain which does not subside after resting 
  • Appears ill, even though symptoms are vague                                           
  • Redness of eyes with purulent discharge                                                    
  • Acute earache 
  • Severe toothache 
  • Unknown rash 

Students should not be sent to school if they have any of the above symptoms in the morning before school starts. In the case of a suspected communicable disease, such as pink eye or unknown rash, parents need to provide the school with a doctor's note upon the student’s return. Furthermore, students who have had a fever (100 degrees or above) should not return to school until they have been without fever or vomiting for at least 24 hours.

Head Lice: 

Students who are found to have live head lice will need to be treated before coming back to school. See head lice policy notification below. For more information on how to get rid of head lice, click the following link: 

Head Lice References: